The Forsaken
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kickin' Ass And Takin' Names!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Future Goals?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
germ bomb

germ bomb

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:44 am

The original plan was to clean out some malls but every journey starts with a tiny step and right now we are a too tiny group to do some major damage to the malls that desperatley needs it.

So, we need more people AND stay alive at the same time so any ideas where to go, how to start etc etc just write down ur ideas and stuff.

My idea where to go is as follow:

Where does surviors gather? Malls, police stations, hospitals and necro techs, so there is where we should be at the moment and since our actions at the mall have drawn some zeds there we have to go elsewhere. And wherever we go we will draw the local group of zeds (clubbed to death) towards where we are at and that will mean that they leave some other target open for us. Since we are to small we have to hit, run, hide and flee.

Idea: We occupie some bulding (hospital,police,necrotech) and 2 houses very next door to that building. That way they can take out maybe half of us IF they are very lucky and organized but they can never take everyone of us out at the same time. If they take out our primary house (hospital,police,necrotech,mall) we move into something else and just keep doing so until we have more recruits and as soon we have those three buildings intact and no zeds in them we hunt for things we need. Ammo, faks and revivs.

The best thing to do is to leave all the "ammowasting zedkilling just for the fun of it" out of the window and only kill them when we clean out or own house, and if there are too many zed in a building, just leave it and move to the next atleast until we can do a stand up fight against th zeds, cause right now they are too many and we just waste AP and time trying to hold ground when there are better tactics to use.

Guerrilla warfare FTW!!!

Just my point of view, whats yours?

(excuse my spelling and gramma, im swedish Wink )
Back to top Go down
Joseph Clark

Joseph Clark

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:47 am

I agree on most parts, guerilla tactics are the way to go except I'd say it should be more like hit, run, hide without the fleeing part (except if we bite off more than we can chew). At this point the mall is to big for us to manage on our own but I bet the surrounding buildings aren't. With more zeds at the mall there's less zeds elsewhere Razz So action wise I doubt we need to move. I can agree on the recruiting part though. There's not alot of locals in the area so recruiting might be hard.

And I never kill zeds for fun!... Ok, that was a lie but I think it should be a default thing for players to understand that they shouldn't be killing zeds if they know it won't achive anything *cough* trenchies *cough*.
Back to top Go down
germ bomb

germ bomb

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:15 am

Hehe I dont like the fleeing part either but I guess things will develop towards it when the local zedsquad noticed that we aint interessted in the mall and start to hunt us down where we are at, then we might f.ex. retake the mall or any other "useful" building instead of trying to hold the current building maybe 5 of us vs 10 of them.

If they try to take a building and mean business, let them! We swap target to where they are weak while we try to find recruits meanwhile. someday soon we dont have to flee, but until then i suggest to save your ammo and AP til you actually need it!

Back to top Go down
Joseph Clark

Joseph Clark

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Ah you mean like that. I thought you ment flee the suburb and stuff like that. Anyway, I don't think that we should get ourselves into any sieges at all. First of all sieges are extreamly hard for survivors at least if we're talking about bigger ones. I think that the best course of action is hitting a couple of targets, stay in another part of the suburb and then hit a couple of different targets (and then repeat with restocks in between). Kind of be on the move at all times within the current area of operation and keep the zeds guessing where the hell we are. As soon as we start holding a small number of buildings then the zeds, at least coordinated ones, will know where we are and if they are indeed coordinated (and smart) then they'll do a RTS on the building. If they manage to do a RTS on our location then that's it, we won't know when it'll happen so there's really no way of expecting it. So not trying to hold an area and to jump between safe houses is what I'd prefer.

With that said though, if we're talking about ferals then there's no problem with holding an area, unless there's a heavy number of them, since they need to get lucky with their attacks to manage to get the cades down as well as kill us.
Back to top Go down
germ bomb

germ bomb

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Ah, I agree with what you are saying but what I mean is that we occupie a building, lets say a hospital, but in the process we also divide us into three groups. One group in the hospital and the other two in two other buildings quite near the hospital.

In case we have a vacation and no serious threats we gather supplys and stuff and recruit until: Either we are strong enough to take anotehr good building, maybe the mall, OR if a horde or our local zedgroup "clubbed to death" decides to attack us. Then we abandon these buildings along with the hospital and regroup another keybuilding (police/necro/mall/hospital) and two new houses.

Let them spend thier AP on either just stand in a mall waiting for nothing or break down barricaeds and maybe kill one or two of us before their target vanish again and they have to figure out where we are again while we keep getting more people on the buss.

Or, we can do what we are doing now, keep moving on our own cause it is hard for them to keep track of us that way also. It is a good method also but I think we need to mix us up along with other survivors in buildings they generaly search for. Yes, it is easy for the zeds to figure out also and that will mean some of us will be getting wacked once and again but that way we meet more people who will survive also.

More input people, since we are a group!
Back to top Go down
papa paparazzi

papa paparazzi

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:55 am

I agree with most of what you're saying here. With our numbers we need to think about guerilla tactics. We just aren't going to be able to hold territory. A couple of suggestions:

A) We hit targets of opportunity. With our numbers we can't take on even 5 zeds in one building. We mainly hit buildings that are unoccupied or have one zed inside, repair, and move on.

B) We need someone to call out targets (scout). The rest of us swoop in and do the dirty work.

C) I think that sleeping separately like we have been is a great idea. It's almost impossible to wipe us all out. Just make sure everyone keeps at least two needles in reserve in case most of us get taken down.

D) We need a recruiting strategy as well (probably have some assigned to it). That person would tag buildings, welcome new people, and keep the wiki up to date. I apologize if I'm confused but this isn't our page, is it?: http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/The_Forsaken If it is, it's horribly out of date. If we have an up-to-date page, please point me in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
http://Avatar courtesy www.thezombiehunters.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:47 am

Well,i couldn't have said it any better myself guys.The tactics are right on,and i agree with them wholeheartedly.The only question is,shall we attempt a mall,NT,or other target in an area more easilly recruited,and if so,what area?We used to operate outta the Giddings Mall area,and got a few recruits(some good ones too),but that area is a real hotbed,and keepin' that mall open is like pullin' teeth.It's so close to Ft.Creedy,it's like 2 tempting targets for the zeds right on top of each other,or,in other words,2 for 1.Any ideas on where you'dlike to try then?

Rev.Ed
Back to top Go down
https://theforsakenonud.forumotion.com
Joseph Clark

Joseph Clark

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:50 pm

Yeah that's our wiki Papa Razz I'm guesing no one of us have any real wiki skills so there hasn't been an update to it since our first try on the group. It should be updated as soon as possible since it'll be a forum for recruiting as well. I also agree with having someone dedicated to recruiting. The whole wiki editing can be done by anyone who actually knows what they're doing though Very Happy

As for the Giddings area, I don't think that's a good place (it's a fun place though) mainly due to the fort being right next door which means we'll be competing with CDF over recruits. First of all CDF probably looks more interesting due to their size than we do and if it would end up in us getting alot of recruits anyway then that would probably start creating some annoyance at CDF.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:02 am

I might dissuade reopening that Wiki recruitment page.One of our former member,a dear friend of mine whom i've known 1st through UD,then as a real friend for over 3 yrs now,was railroaded during the "Great Inquisition of the Zerg Hunters",and thus carried that stigma with him.I've seen the evidence personally,and it doesn't add up-AT ALL,but it was pushed through since he pissed off the wrong folks in a PK'er vs BountyHunter war in west cental Malton a lil'over a year ago(hell,he was just a regular survivor,not a hunter even,but he did kill some of them).Anyway,the stigma of him being one of our original might carry over.If you'll see the chat section set up on that page,you'll see childish,pissy statements from Doctor Jackson,for one example.I didn't care,as he was my pal,he didn't do what they said,and i stick by my pals.Anywayz,it might attract a bad reputation for a new,completely clean group who DEFINITELY DOESN'T ZERG!!

I think you'll do your best work with tagging(include this forum address and i'll set up a guest applicant public only section tomorrow),and by word of mouth.This way,we can at least see the folks we invite in in action,and know their good.I'm sure we'd be happy to take folks of any level,but experience is always preferred.

If we are set on a wiki page,we might consider a name change.I really love the name(it was my original thought),but i'm open to whatever progresses us as a group,and we'd do alot better at say 10 members,than 4 or 5.

Rev.Ed

PostScript-When i first started,i had a character with the old Crimson Clan,when they we're about 80 strong.Nobody but Ackland Mall security has even tried to have an organized resistance in that area since their demise,and it it down right now.
Actually,it stays down alot,but i'm very familiar with the area,and might even have a few friends still active over there.The key is to watch the west border and parts of Barrville for possible RRF activity from the west,but these days,you might get Dead activity from the east too.It'd be a challenge,and somethin'totally new.Lotsa folks travel through the area headed down from the Bale/Stickling Mall areas down to the Marven/Tompson Mall areas too.The traffic might mean a good chance of new recruits for us.Locals might rally around somebody willing to stick around(for at least awhile)and really help too.Whatta you guys think?
Back to top Go down
papa paparazzi

papa paparazzi

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:12 am

My wiki skills are not perfect, btu I do wiki maintenance for another group and I haven't crasjhed the damn thing yet (knock on wood). I'm willing to volunteer unless some else is interested (and I can partner, of course). I do think that the wiki is very important and I think it is a major recruiting tool, especially if we'll be mobile.

Though it's more work on the front end maybe a name change is a good idea. I could go either way on that.
Back to top Go down
Joseph Clark

Joseph Clark

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:49 pm

I think that we should have a wiki page since most dedicated players use the wiki. I know I always jump on the wiki to check out a new group and if they aren't on there I usually think they aren't that serious... even worse if there's an old page that hasn't been updated since that gives the impression of the group being inactive. When it comes to the name, I like our current name but I do also understand the possible stigma we have. I don't give a crap about that though and I always saw this group, at least on our first try, as this take-no-shit-from-anyone group that welcomed players with a troubled past and gave them a second chance (which suits the name actually). I think it's a rather cool image for a group but there's of course the risk of it being a problem for our reputation. It all ends up in what kind of group we want for ourselves, I actually like the idea of giving troubled pleyers a second chance, kind a like the French Foreign Legion, but if you guys want a clean group then I agree that we need a makeover. That is a new wiki and a new name.

As for moving to the Ackland area, sure why not. I do however have to say that since it's in the NW I will be moving away this alt if the SoC for some reason would move into that area, not that I think it'll be a major problem though.
Back to top Go down
papa paparazzi

papa paparazzi

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 11:37 pm

I'd like to hear everyone sound off on this officially. My take on it is that we re-imagine The Forsaken as a second chance group for people who want to change from being PKers and become "good guys". We could update the wiki to reflect that and start trying to recruit former PKers and PKers that just aren't trying that hard. In my mind, that would give us an identity and set us apart from other survivor groups. Think of it from the point of view of new recruits: why would they want to join us? Okay, we have a cool name. We take runs at tough missions, but so do lots of other people. We don't really stand out. Now think about how exciting it could be if we could sell ourselves as a second chance group that takes on suicidal missions (think of the Dirty Dozen or Suicide Squad from comic books). How much cooler would that be?

Keep in mind that this may piss of hardcore PKer groups, but that would help us by attracting enemies. And your enemies define you, right?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 3:28 am

Hmm,that's a pretty cool idea,but i wouldn't want to turn anybody away based simply on the fact that they didn't fit that mold.I'd still take on and train a noob,or be happy to have an experienced,but ordinary pro-survivor as well.The ex-PK'er idea is a really different approach though,and i like it.

Since we're not really havin' any luck here,do to our group size,i'm gonna go ahead and head towards the Ackland area to scout.I'll report my findings.

Rev.Ed

EDIT-Made it to just inside western Shore Hills.Will be scouting later today.
Back to top Go down
Joseph Clark

Joseph Clark

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Why not both? There's nothing that stops us from recruiting new guys and those who have a change of heart. Btw, is Stan joining us again or is he sticking with KT (I saw their tag in his profile)?
Back to top Go down
papa paparazzi

papa paparazzi

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:05 am

I completely agree with you, Joe. I didn't mean to imply that we would only allow ex-PKers (though I see how it looks like I implied that). I guess I was just trying to find a roleplaying hook that would also help with recruiting. I don't remember if I disclosed this, but my character was a PKer for a while (and I find it boring). That's where I got the idea.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:03 am

Stan (or Stan's player,Don)is actuallyone of us.Germ revived him quite a ways back.He's JohnnyK now,but Don has had some serious issues with either his comp,carrier,or UD glitches.All his characters,when he types them in,automatically go to Stan.I had that problem temporarily with the Rev.Right before the Blesley raid,if you remember,so i think it's a UD glitch,but he's got it bad for whatever reason.Him being targeted for Stan's"problem" is not outside the range of possiblities either.Some of the mods are also ranking members of the Resensitized hierarchy.Anywayz,can't say when he'll be able to get it corrected.All we can do is wish him the best.He'smy oldest UD friend,and i do miss him.

Now-Scouting Report-General Ackland Area-

I came up north through Shore Hills first.The NW corner ofShore has some bldgs down,but no key ones,although Brennand NT(which is the closest NT to Ackland,and used heavily by folks there)is under attack with 5 zeds outside.I'd say 15 or so zeds are in this area.
West Hevercroft has lost about 40% of it's infrastructure.I'm not sure of all the resourse bldgs,but i know that St.Eutychian's Hospital in the SW corner,and Spurdell Walk PD,just south of the mall,are both down.The mall itself will be a really tough nut to crack,even more so than Blesley.I saw this inside-

SW corner-9 zeds
NW corner-7 zeds
SE corner-4 zeds
NE corner-9 zeds

for a grand total of 29 inside,with about 5 more hovering outside.

The lighter caded bldgs are getting picked off slowly,one by one.The damage peters off as you get to the central area of the 'Burb,with barely any bldgs on the east side touched.I'd estimate a possible 50-60+ zeds in the area,but well spread out with the acception of the mall.I'd say western Lerwill Heights and the SW corner of Richmond Hills probably also have some light damage.

I haven't been over into Barrville yet,but that's a wild card.The next nearest NT's are there,and Barrville is forever gettin' it's ass kicked,as it's so close to the RRF homeland,Ridleybank.There could be more unfriendlies there waiting to give us problems.

For those of you that know it,McCloud's Pub West,in NW Havercroft is still open,but practically nobody is there.One thing i didn't see in the area was alot of humans,civvy or otherwise.I must question how much assistance would be available to us should we proceed with this task,or how many recruits we might pick up.My final determination on that will be to see how many folks are fighting in west Barrville tomorrow.That area does have a tendency to have some better organized resistance.Just crossyour fingers i guess guys.

We might be tryin' to think of another area we might like if this proves to not be a viable option.

Rev.Ed
Back to top Go down
Joseph Clark

Joseph Clark

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Hey Rev, you've got access to SDNs forum, right? I heard rumors last week that they were in the area, if we're going there then some coordination with them might be good.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 3:30 pm

On my way out for a back injection(wee....fun)guys,so i'll be quick-

Barrville west is in A-1 100% perfect condition.Every last resource bldg is up and running.No PK'ers spotted either,save one low bounty guy with whatseems to be a personal vendetta with somebody named Goldenboots.So that's about it.Whataya think guys?

Oh,Joe-maybe i'm just in a hurry(i'm runnin'late),but,SDN?I'll be happy to check if you'll broaden that for me.

Rev.Ed

EDIT-Oh yeah,despite it's great appearance,only a fair amount of people in west Barrville at the moment.I saw less than 25.
Back to top Go down
Joseph Clark

Joseph Clark

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Skynet Defense Network, I believe we ran into them a few times on our first try. I say we move into Barrville and use it as a safty area while working in Havercroft.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:20 am

Aw hell,yeah sure,if they still exist.They had a big internal split about the time we we're workin' with them near Giddings,and from what i heard,it only got worse.I know for a fact that Pavehawk has idles outta the game,as he was on my contacts list.I'll give it a try,but have seen no organized groups up here yet.I do see a 43rd lvl zed in human form has moved into my safehouse,so i'm gonna move.When will folks learn to be careful who they revive?

I needed to ammo up anyway,so i thought i'd check Nichols Mall,which was fairly nearby.The area is a mess of downed bldgs(maybe 50%),but the mall itself had only 4 zeds inside,with the southern helf unruined,and 1 corner completely unguarded.Hildebrand Mall is very nearby.If it's standing,it would serve well to resupply.I'm not sayin'we could hold it,but their guard is down this close to home(the RRF,that is),and we could take it.Whataya think?It is closer to.Be aware though,we have no beef with them,but members of the PK'er group Pumkin Pedophiles(i HATE that name!!)are in the area.Personally,with a lil' girl,i'd like to kill them on principle for the name alone,but i'll refrain unless i'm screwed with first.I guess we have recon on Ackland and Nichols now guys.Which'll it be?

Rev.Ed

EDIT-Joe,the Wiki is comin' up slow,or not at all for me at the moment.That's how i'd havta look up Skynet again.I don't have them bookmarked anymore.I'll try asap.

Back to top Go down
germ bomb

germ bomb

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:10 am

Ah, im back! Ive had trouble with the net here so I had to work the game from work and there I didnt have time to do much more than just work my AP in the game up and down and didnt have the time to check the forum.

SO, where are we at? Everywhere loks better than our local mall at the moment so just give me a direction and im off Smile
Back to top Go down
Joseph Clark

Joseph Clark

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:45 pm

I seem to have problems with the wiki too. Here's their forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Skynet_Defense/index.php?act=idx (heh, I'm on there also as Frank sice the SoC has worked with them).

Well, Nichols Mall is on the way so why not make a short landing there. Get it up, restock and move on. If there's locals in the area then they'll move in, if not then there's no point in holding the mall.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Ok.Papa,Germ,if you guys are ok with it,let's hit Nichols on the way to Ackland.It's an easy score right now,wvwn though the surrounding area is a mess.I'm already nearby.See ya there.

Rev.Ed
Back to top Go down
Joseph Clark

Joseph Clark

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm also there. We have 7 zeds inside at the moment so at this point we probably need to pull off a RTS if we want to take it back.
Back to top Go down
papa paparazzi

papa paparazzi

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:21 am

I took out and dumped the zed in the SW corner. 5 left inside probably means that we won't be able to take this. Maybe the locals will jump in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Future Goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Goals?   Future Goals? Empty

Back to top Go down

Future Goals?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forsaken :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: